About This Role:
At our company, we maintain a team-focused and team-driven environment. We believe that people who work together with the spirit of “we over me” drive the success and growth of our company and create a positive impact on our community. That impact can be stated simply as, we are focused on reinventing the insurance industry so that great care and a positive experience is the new standard!
Do you love talking to new people and discovering their pain points? Do you enjoy being able to provide a service that is not like the AVERAGE solution?
Does joining a fast growing company that is obsessively focused on having a big impact on its team and community feed the innate hunger you have to grow in your own career?
If so, read on.
Better Agency is looking to add an Account Executive to our growing family. This individual would work alongside our marketing team, and product teams to network, target and develop new relationships. A love for being on the phone (Zoom) is a must.
Now let’s get into the specific of the role.
- Handle 20 + new sales opportunities each month
- Maintain and exceed sales conversion goals
- Work through a 2-5 call close cycle
- Comfortable working in an outbound fashion with warm leads or lists of existing contacts.
- Work with sales, marketing and product to collaborate on features, ideas and solutions
You Might Be A Fit For This Position If:
- You enjoy working with a team of problem solvers
- You enjoy creating relationships
- You have handled a quota in the past
- You like to delight customers
- You’re interested in the best solution, regardless of whose idea it was
- You are obsessed with helping small businesses succeed
- Understand SaaS sales cycles
- Are comfortable with a consultative sales role, developing relationships, and telling someone they are not a good fit, if they aren’t (You don’t push numbers just to hit numbers – our mission is to help agencies, and sometimes that means they aren’t a good fit for us)
Come Join Our High-Growth Tech Company And Make An Impact!
At Better Agency we provide the #1 Sales-Driven Agency Management System & CRM for insurance agents. However, we are so much more than a software company. We serve a large growing community of like-minded small business owners who are all hungry to grow their agency, do more for their community they love and really serve their clients at the highest level!
Positive vibes only! We get to change people’s lives on the daily and we want you to help us. We are a crazy group of people that have fun, understand that work should be fun, and are obsessed with helping small businesses. If this sounds like something you are crazy excited to be a part of, apply!
We are funded by insuretech VC’s, Vertical-CRM Angel’s, and top-industry executives. We are well recognized for our innovation, and the need for our solution to help solve core problems within Insurance companies.
We have a deep understanding of the industry, and the problems. Together, we have over 25 years of insurance experience, and over 25 years of small business automation experience. Our company includes advisors, employees and leaders that range from top Insurance companies to key members of software companies that understand how to solve fundamental issues.
Why should you join Better Agency? With rapid sales and development growth since launch at the end of 2019, Better Agency is still at the beginning stages of what will be a predominant technology within the insurtech space. By joining the team, you will have a large impact on shaping a product that is already widely used and growing.
- 3+ years of experience maintaining and exceeding a sales quota or similar
- Experience selling annual contracts over zoom
- Enjoys problem solving, working with a team, and a self-starter
- English speaker and excellent writing/communication skills, documentation is a key part of what we do here (and messaging/sending gifs via slack)
- Experience selling CRM or other web-based applications is a plus
Compensation will be tied with experience. The salary range for this position is $50,000/year, including monthly commissions and bonuses.
OTE for Account Executives is $150,000
A generous stock option plan
- Unlimited PTO (“Win for Time”)
- Health Insurance (50% of employee paid by employer, $200 for dependents), Vision, Dental
- 2 company meet-ups each year (Paid for by the company)
We are located in the East Valley (Mesa/Chandler/Gilbert) area of Arizona. Local is preferred, however we are open to remote working for the right candidate.
Our Hiring Process:
- Apply to this position by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, Please provide your resume, cover letter and provide links to some code you have written (Via Github or something similar)
- If we think you are a fit, we will reach out to schedule an introductory call to learn more about each other and why you applied for this position
- We will conduct a final interview to review your task, introduce you to your potential team and ask/answer final questions
What to expect (the first 6 months):
- First two weeks will be following our Customer Success, Sales, Marketing and Product teams. You will get to learn everything about our team, culture and product!
- Shadow our other Account Executives
- By end of month 1, you will be selling!
Thanks for taking the time to review our job description. We’re looking forward to meeting you and building a great product together!