About This Role:
We’re looking for a full time Sr. Developer/Architect to join our core team. This role will be responsible for designing and implementing numerous mission critical parts of the product. You will be working on a wide variety of projects including:
- Designing/Developing REST APIs
- Developing Microservices
- Helping build the back-end to serve 10,000 + users
- Work with the CTO, Product owner, and others regarding priorities and sprints
- Designing the platform of the future
You Might Be A Fit For This Position If:
- You enjoy working with a team of problem solvers
- You enjoy writing reliable, testable code
- You have “stood-up” microservices in the past
- You like to delight users and make their lives easier
- You’re interested in the best solution, regardless of whose idea it was
- You are obsessed with helping small businesses succeed
- Understand MySQL and database structures
You will be joining a team of experienced developers that believe in spending more time designing and less time cowboy coding. You will have a great deal of autonomy to identify problems that need solving, proposing solutions and implementing them.
Come Join Our High-Growth Tech Company And Make An Impact!
At Better Agency we provide the #1 Sales-Driven Agency Management System & CRM for insurance agents. However, we are so much more than a software company. We serve a large growing community of like-minded small business owners who are all hungry to grow their agency, do more for their community they love and really serve their clients at the highest level!
Positive vibes only! We get to change people’s lives on the daily and we want you to help us. We are a crazy group of people that have fun, understand that work should be fun, and are obsessed with helping small businesses. If this sounds like something you are crazy excited to be a part of, apply!
We are funded by insuretech VC’s, Vertical-CRM Angel’s, and top-industry executives. We are well recognized for our innovation, and the need for our solution to help solve core problems within Insurance companies.
We have a deep understanding of the industry, and the problems. Together, we have over 25 years of insurance experience, and over 25 years of small business automation experience. Our company includes advisors, employees and leaders that range from top Insurance companies to key members of software companies that understand how to solve fundamental issues.
Why should you join Better Agency? With rapid sales and development growth since launch at the end of 2019, Better Agency is still at the beginning stages of what will be a predominant technology within the insurtech space. By joining the team, you will have a large impact on shaping a product that is already widely used and growing.
- 4+ years of experience with backend development
- 3+ years working with Laravel PHP
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud
- Enjoys problem solving, working with a team, and a self-starter
- English speaker and excellent writing/communication skills, documentation is a key part of what we do here (and messaging/sending gifs via slack)
- Experience working on microservice structures
- Experience designing/developing a CRM or other web-based applications
Compensation will be tied with experience. The salary range for this position is $115k – $145k
A generous stock option plan
- Unlimited PTO
- A budget for your workstation (remote or in office)
- 2 company meet-ups each year
We are located in the East Valley (Mesa/Chandler/Gilbert) area of Arizona. We are open to remote working for the right candidate.
Our Hiring Process:
- Apply to this position by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or applying via LinkedIn HERE – Please provide your resume, cover letter and provide links to some code you have written (Via Github or something similar)
- If we think you are a fit, we will reach out to schedule an introductory call to learn more about each other and why you applied for this position
- We will create a small project for you to complete, around 2-4 hours. You will be compensated for your time
- We will conduct a final interview to review your task, introduce you to your potential team and ask/answer final questions
What to expect (the first 6 months):
- Stand-up one microservice in the first couple weeks. We’re coming out of the gates swinging
- You will start working with our VP of engineering to learn more about our back-end, and move to a microservice structure strategy. Map out and deliver on said strategy
- You will be working with the current dev team to upgrade worker queues and help us design enhanced observability in critical parts of the application.
- You will be expected to review other developer’s code. All code must go through review prior to merging. We believe code reviews are a great opportunity to learn for everyone involved.
- Work with our team to build a product roadmap, understanding that priorities change along the way.
- Help with evolving engineering best practices, code test coverage, CI/CD
Thanks for taking the time to review our job description. We’re looking forward to meeting you and building a great product together!