Full Stack Developer
At Better Agency we provide the #1 Sales-Driven Agency Management System & CRM for insurance agents. However, we are so much more than a software company. We serve a large growing community of like-minded small business owners who are all hungry to grow their agency, do more for their community they love and really serve their clients at the highest level!
We are looking for someone who is a full-stack developer that is wanting to take on the challenge of a high-growth opportunity and helping build out an internal development team. A people-person, self motivated team player. Someone that isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty in code, work with our development team, be a leader, and work directly with the CTO and Development Manager/Leader. We are a small team and growing quickly (will tripe our team size in the next 12 months), so this is a high-growth opportunity!
The ideal candidate is a full-stack developer that can do more than “just code”, but provide feedback, can troubleshoot/diagnose issues/problems and work on a team. This role will have a fast track to a leadership role if desired. That can also help build out and optimize the processes for building the technology team in house.
The successful candidate for this role will have a strong command and be well-trained in product knowledge that can be critical for offering quick and accurate assistance to our development/product team(s), our customer success teams and CTO.
Positive vibes only! We get to change people’s lives on the daily and we want you to help us. We are a crazy group of people that have fun, understand that work should be fun, and are obsessed with helping small businesses. If this sounds like something you are crazy excited to be a part of, apply!
Role Name: Full Stack Developer
Location: Remote (Arizona preferred)
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analyze and create project scope and milestones for several company initiatives
- Coding! You will be expected to get your hands dirty.
- Work with, lead, and manage our Jr developers
- Work with the CTO, Product owner, and others regarding priorities and sprints
- Create our back-end infrastructure for scale
- Build the product and technology teams as we triple our team size over the next 18 months
- Experience organizing training initiatives for departments within the company
- Design overall architecture of the web application.
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
- Experience working with graphic designers and converting designs to visual elements.
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
- Highly experienced with back-end programming languages (Specifically PHP)
- Experience with MySQL
- Development experience for both mobile and desktop.
- Experience with cloud message APIs and usage of push notifications.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools (Github).
- Have worked with or have a deep understanding of CRM, automation, or sales type of applications
- Understanding of microservice framework, Laravel, PHP, bootstrap, etc
To apply for this position, please send an email to [email protected] including a cover letter and your resume.